Helderberg Hospice is looking to appoint a full-time Events Co-ordinator/Fundraiser to become part of the organisation’s Resource Development team. The successful candidate will report to the Resource Development manager and take full responsibility for the organisation’s events program.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Dynamic self-starter
- At least two years’ hands-on event coordination experience is essential, preferably in the Helderberg area
- Must have event project management, planning, and budget management skills
- Must be a highly organised individual with great attention to detail, and have the ability to multitask and juggle numerous projects simultaneously
- Must have a good track record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Confident with negotiation and communication skills
- The ability to interact with donors and the public in a professional capacity
- Must be a creative and “out-of-the-box” thinker who is able to learn quickly
- Must be a positive team player who takes initiative and is capable of managing and coordinating a team of volunteers
- Flexibility in time allocation is required in terms of being available for the build-up and breakdown of events
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- A valid driver’s license
Salary commensurate with experience. The post is available from 1 February 2019. To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Helderberg Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.